TCxWave POS terminal from Toshiba delivers a unique and engaging experience for staff and customers that puts it in a class of its own. Fully functional as a point-of-sale, kiosk or self-service unit, the TCxWave can be positioned in the most logical and advantageous locations without fear of compromising the in-store experience. Developed by award-winning industrial designers, its striking appearance means retailers need no longer hide the POS away in the back of the store but can sit it proudly where it’s needed most. Indeed, the sleek design of TCxWave means it can play a central role in delivering a consistent and positive brand image and experience throughout the whole store.
- The stylish design of Toshiba’s TCxWave is based on a distinctive profile that reflects the “thin is in” style of modern consumer electronics: TCxWave is our slimmest POS or kiosk ever.
- The multi-touch, gesture-based screen is as easy and familiar to use as a smartphone.
- The widescreen format – the widest format on the market – means staff and customers can see more and do more.
- The standard screen format is available for environments where space is at a premium.
- Human factor features include right/left-hand card-swiping and flexibility in possible viewing angles and heights.
Processor (clock speed, cache):
Intel Celeron Dual Core 3955U (2GHz, 2M) – 6140-14C, E4C
Intel Core i5-6300U (Up to 3GHz, 3M) –6140-145-E45
Memory: DDR MHz 4 GB Standard 32 GB DDR4 Max
Video: Intel Integrated Graphics Device (DisplayPort output)
Projected Capacitive Touch
Technology: 10 point multi-touch
Screen: 15 in 4:3, LED back-lit LCD
Audio: Internal – Realtek ALC231 Optional Speaker kit available
Storage: Up to 2x M.2 Solid State Drives, available in 64 GB, 128 GB or 256 options
- Customer Display (2-line)
- Customer Display (10″ Graphical)
- External Customer Display (various options)
- Fingerprint reader
- iKey / / Dallas / iButton reader
- MSR reader
- Keyboard attachment
Today’s retailers understand that sustainable success depends on delivering a consistent and differentiated brand experience throughout the customer journey. Nowhere is this more important than the place where the majority of transactions are still carried out: the store.
Retailers need point of sale (POS) technology that can support the versatility, style and functionality that a modern store environment demands. That can adapt easily to the changing demands of customers. That can bring new impact to the customer experience. And that can give timely, consistent service to consumers and staff throughout the shopping journey.