Hydranautics SWC seawater membranes continuously meet and satisfy the increasing demands of the water purification industry through their high productivity, outstanding performance, salt rejection, productivity and savings. These membranes set high performance standards for the seawater reverse osmosis membrane elements which deliver the highest salt rejection rates available.
General Product Description
- Configuration: Spiral Wound
- Membrane Polymer: Composite Polyamide
- Membrane Active Area**: 440 ft2 (40.9 m2)
Packaging: All membrane elements are supplied with a brine seal, interconnector, and O-rings. Elements are enclosed in a sealed polyethylene bag containing less than 1.0% sodium meta-bisulfite solution, and then packaged in a cardboard box.
- Maximum Applied Pressure: 1200 psig (8.27 MPa)
- Maximum Chlorine Concentration: < 0.1 ppm
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113 oF (45 oC)
- pH Range, Continuous (Cleaning): 2-11 (1-13)
- Maximum Feedwater Turbidity: 1.0 NTU
- Maximum Feedwater SDI (15 mins): 5.0
- Maximum Feed Flow: 75 gpm (17.0 m3/h)
- Maximum Pressure Drop for Each Element: 15 psi (0.10 MPa)
- 32000 ppm NaCl solution
- 600 psi (4.1 MPa) Applied Pressure
- 77 oF (25 oC) Operating Temperature
- 10% Permeate Recovery
- 6.5 – 7.0 pH Range
- Seawater desalting
- Broad offering of membrane formulations designed to accommodate varying levels of seawater salinities worldwide
The advantages using the Hydranautics SWC6 MAX Membrane are each membrane offers the highest productivity and salt rejection rates in the industry combined with the optimized flow, low fouling and low energy consumption, highest permeate flow membranes offering high energy efficiency, the membranes of choice when the seawater feed temperatures are lower that normally requires high feed pressures, result in lower feed pressures, lower energy consumption and lower treatment costs, and with an increased active surface area, it offers significant cost and energy savings and uncompromised permeate quality in seawater desalination applications.
Hydranautics SWC6 MAX Seawater Membrane Dubai
A total of 95% of the water on the earth lies in the seas and oceans. However, you cannot use the seawater directly for domestic or industrial purposes due to its highly impure nature. Seawater desalination is the removal of salt and impurities from seawater to produce fresh water. So, the process of desalination takes place to make the water usable or potable. It uses the reverse osmosis method effectively, which further uses various membranes. Hydraulics is the industry-leading company that manufactures superior quality membranes, specially designed for desalination plants.
Process of desalination
The method of desalination uses the principle of Reverse Osmosis (RO). It uses various types of membranes, depending on your requirements. The seawater gets passed through the membranes forcefully, which leads to removing the impurities from water and making it pure. In simple words, desalination refers to a process that makes the water free from excess salts and minerals.
Hydranautics SWC seawater desalination membranes have high productivity, offering the highest levels of salt rejection and a consistently pure end products. It can strain the tiniest of impurities in water and make it safe for drinking, cooking and other purposes. Hydranautics SWC6 MAX seawater membrane is one of the best elements for desalination. You can get it for your desalination plants with the help of a reliable RO membrane supplier in Dubai.
Things to know about SWC6 MAX seawater membrane
Hydranautics SWC stands for seawater composite, and the SWC6 membrane has the lowest feed pressure. It uses the least amount of energy consumption among the other membranes and thus, you can save significantly on the energy costs. It also offers you the lowest operational prices while delivering the best potable water.
You can find two primary types of SWC membranes at an RO supplier in Dubai. They are LD and MAX seawater membranes. You can choose the equipment according to your requirements related to desalination plants. LD membranes offer you the least colloidal fouling. Hydranautics MAX membrane provides you with excellent performance for water with high TDS, and it’s also good at boron removal from warm waters.
Some key features of the Hydranautics SWC6 MAX seawater membrane are as below.
- SWC6 MAX membranes has a permeate flow of 6000 GPD at low pressure and 13,200 GPD at high flow.
- At low pressure, SWC6 MAX offers a minimum of 99.4% of salt rejection, and it goes up to 99.6% at maximum. During high flow, the least and the most salt rejection rates are 99.7% and 99.8%, respectively.
- Boron’s rejection rate is 91% at high flow and 83% at low pressure. It provides you with the best combination of flow, salt rejection and boron rejection.
Hydranautics (Nitto) is a well known US company, manufacturing high-quality RO membranes and its fit for effective Reverse Osmosis water filtration applications. Hydranautics SWC6 MAX seawater membrane element is the best for seawater desalting plants in UAE. Hydranautics offer various membrane formulations to cater to multiple levels of seawater salinities across the world. You can contact the RO water equipment supplier in Dubai to get an excellent membrane for yourself.
There are no reviews yet.