Ion Exchange has developed membrane technology in early 1980s and since then has been supplying more than 5000 RO plants across the globe. Our standardized RO units are engineered to meet the exact water quality requirements to industries and communities. Pre-treatment for RO plants are also carefully selected based on the specific water qualities prevailing in the region.
Seawater elements offer the highest levels of salt rejection and a consistently pure end product. Membrane formulations are designed to accommodate varying levels of seawater salinities worldwide with reliable field-proven performance. HYDRAMEM SWE-4040 seawater membranes continuously meet and satisfy the increasing demands of the water purification industry through high productivity, outstanding performance, salt rejection and productivity.
We offer best quality Reverse Osmosis membranes from Dubai, for industrial, commercial and domestic needs.
- Membrane Type: Cross Linked Fully Aromatic Polyamide Composite
- Construction: Spiral Wound Element
- Application: Sea Water Application
- Feed Spacer: 34 mil (0.864 mm) with modified Geometry
- Salt Rejection: 99.5%
- Feed Water Pressure: 800 psi (56.25 kg/cm )
- Feed Water Temperature: 77 F (25 C)
- Feed Water Concentration: 32000 ppm NaCl Solution
- Recovery Rate: 7%
- Feed Water pH: 6.5 – 7
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 1200 psi (84.37 kg/cm )
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113 F (45 C)
- 3 Maximum Feed Flow: 16 GPM (3.6 m /h)
- Feed Water Chlorine Concentration: <0.1 ppm
- Feed Water pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2-11
- Feed Water pH Range, Chemical Cleaning: 1-13
- Maximum Feed Water SDI (15 Minute Test): SDI 5
- Maximum Feed Turbidity: NTU 1.0
- Maximum Pressure Drop for each Element: 15 psi (0.10 MPa)
- For the recommended design range, please consult the latest HYDRAMEM technical bulletin, design guidelines,
or call an application specialist. If the operating limits given in this product information bulletin are not strictly
followed, the Limited Warranty will be null and void.
- All elements are wet tested, treated with 1% by weight sodium Meta bisulfate preservative solution, and then
vacuum packed in oxygen barrier bags. To prevent biological growth during short term system shutdown, it is
recommended that HYDRAMEM elements be immersed in a protective solution containing 500-1000 ppm of
sodium Meta bi sulfite dissolved in permeate. Rinse out preservative before use.
- Permeate from the first hour of operation should be discarded.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of chemicals that are incompatible with the elements. Their use
will void Limited Warranty.
- For element loading, use only the recommended silicon lubricant. The use of petroleum based lubricant or
vegetable based oils may damage the element irreversibly.
- Membranes shows some resistance to short-term attack by chlorine (Hypochlorite).Continuous exposure may
damage the membrane and should be avoided.
HYDRAMEM Membrane Element Warranty – 3 Years
Ion Exchange (India) Ltd Warranty applies for 3 years from whichever of the following event occurs first.
- Pre-treated water is fed into RO unit for the first time.
- Three (3) months following shipment from a manufacturing facility in India to the destinations in Asia, Middle East, African countries or Six (6) months from the date of shipment in other cases.