DOW FilmTec SW30 HRLE-400 8040 elements are offer High rejection and Low energy consumption for seawater desalination applications. The FilmTec SW30 HRLE-400 delivers high performance over the operating lifetime without the use of oxidative post-treatments and provides high NaCl and boron rejection to help meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards.
Key Features and Benefits
- 6,000 gallons per day
- 1,015 psi max operating pressure
- SW30 elements provide longer life due to high clean-ability
- High Salt rejection for high quality permeate
- High flux reduces energy used and pressure required
- Good rejection provides good water quality
- Dow Filmtec performance and quality
- Wet Sea Water Membranes
- Membrane Type: Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 1,015 psi (7.0 MPa)
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Feed Turbidity: 1 NTU
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2 – 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.): 1 – 13
- Maximum Feed Flow: 60 gpm (14 m3/h)
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI): SDI 5
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During startup, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void. Refer to FILMTEC™ Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar)
- Avoid static permeate-side back pressure at all times
FilmTec Seawater Reverse Osmosis 8 inch membranes
FilmTec Seawater Reverse Osmosis 8 inches Elements can separate salts from water and are designed to reduce capital and operational costs of large desalination systems that produce greater than approximately 10 gpm (2300 L/h) of permeate. With a wide range of membranes available to meet various system design requirements, our RO products combine excellent membrane quality with automated precision fabrication, taking system performance to unprecedented levels.
The SW30HRLE-8040 Elements have one of the highest flow rates available to meet the water demands of both sea water and ground water desalinates. SW30 elements may also be operated at lower pressure to reduce pump size, cost, and operating expenses. Dow’s fully automated and precise element production enables the most consistent products in the industry for the most consistent product performance available. This product is best for seawater desalination and marine(yacht) applications.
There are no reviews yet.