DOW FILMTEC™ SW30HRLE–440i Elements offer sustainable lower lifecycle cost for medium- and high-salinity feedwater by combining high rejection and low energy performance with the highest active area and a thick feed spacer. Benefits of the DOW FILMTEC SW30HRLE–440i element include:
- Helps systems to be designed and operated to either lower operating cost through reduced energy consumption, or to decrease capital cost through higher productivity at lower operating fluxes.
- High NaCl and boron rejection to help meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards.
- Very high guaranteed active area of 440 ft2 (41 m2) permits lower system cost by maximizing productivity and facilitating accurate and predictable system design and operating flux.
- The combination of very high active area with a thick feed spacer (28 mil) allows low cleaning frequency and high cleaning efficiency.
- Utilization of the distinct iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps that help reduce system operating costs and the risk of O-ring leaks that can cause poor water .
- Sustainable high performance over the operating lifetime of the element, because oxidative treatments are not used in membrane production. This is one reason DOW FILMTEC elements are more durable and may be cleaned more effectively over a wider pH range (1 – 13) than most other RO elements, which use oxidative treatments.
- Effective use in permeate staged seawater desalination systems without impairing the performance of the downstream stage.
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 1,200 psig (83 bar)
- Maximum Element Pressure Drop: 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2 – 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.): 1 – 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI): SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: < 0.1 ppm
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During startup, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
- Wear protective eye shields, gloves, and sleeves to avoid prolonged contact with eyes, skin and clothing.
DOW FILMTEC SW30HRLE-440i Elements offers sustainable lower lifecycle cost for medium- and high-salinity feed waters with high stabilized salt rejection of 99.80% and high boron rejection. The highest guaranteed active area of 440 ft2 (41 m2) permits lowest system cost by maximizing productivity and enables accurate and predicable system design. A 28-mil feed spacer provides low cleaning frequency and high cleaning efficiency. iLEC™ Interlocking End Caps reduce system operating costs and the risk of o-ring leaks that can cause poor water quality.