DOW FilmTec™ Seawater Reverse Osmosis 4″ Elements can separate salts from water and are produced with an automated fabrication process that ensures precision, consistency, and reliability. They are ideal for use in medium-sized desalination systems that produce less than approximately 10 gpm (2300 L/h) of permeate.
- Model: FilmTec™ SW30-4040
- Length: 40 Inches
- Diameter: 4 Inches
- Active Membrane: 80 ft2
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin Film Composite
- Applied Pressure: 800 PSI
- Nominal Capacity: 1950 GPD
- Maximum Pressure: 1000 PSI
- Improved FILMTEC™ seawater reverse osmosis elements offer the highest productivity while maintaining excellent salt rejection.
- FILMTEC SW30 membrane elements have the highest flow rates available to meet the water demands of both sea-based and land-based desalinators.
- FILMTEC SW30 elements may also be operated at lower pressure to reduce pump size, cost and operating expenses.
- Improved FILMTEC seawater membrane combined with automated, precision element fabrication result in the most consistent product performance available.
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 1,000 psi (69 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop: 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2 – 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning: 1 – 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
DOW FILMTEC SW30-4040 elements have one of the highest flow rates available to meet the water demands of both sea-based and land-based desalinators. Commonly used in on-board Water makers to create drinking water from seawater for yachts, boats, and cruise ships, DOW FILMTEC marine SWRO membranes offer the highest productivity while maintaining excellent salt rejection. DOW FILMTEC SW30 elements may also be operated at lower pressure to reduce pump size, cost and operating expenses.
There are no reviews yet.