FilmTec™ Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis 4″ Elements can separate salts from water and are produced with an automated fabrication process that ensures precision, consistency, and reliability. They are ideal for use in medium-sized water treatment system that produce less than approximately 10 gpm (2300 L/h) of permeate.
DOW FILMTEC™ brackish water reverse osmosis membrane elements provide consistent, outstanding system performance in light industrial applications.
- DOW FILMTEC LE-4040 delivers highest performance at lowest pressure resulting in less energy usage and lower costs.
- DOW FILMTEC BW30-4040 is the industry standard for reliable operation and production of the highest quality water.
- DOW FILMTEC BW30-2540 elements are designed for systems smaller than 1 gpm (0.2 m3/h) offering a hard shell exterior for extra strength.
Elements with a hard shell exterior are recommended for systems with multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes, as they are designed to withstand higher pressure drops.
Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psi (41 bar)
Maximum Feed Flow Rate:
- 4040 elements: 16 gpm (3.6 m3/h)
- 2540 elements: 6 gpm (1.4 m3/h)
Maximum Pressure Drop: 15 psig (1.0 bar)
pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2 – 11
pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning: 1 – 13
Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: SDI 5
Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
DOW FILMTEC BW30-4040 brackish water reverse osmosis (RO) membrane elements offer consistent, exceptional system performance in light industrial applications Dubai. With the thickest feed spacer (34 mil) available in the industry today to lessen the impact of fouling, they may be cleaned over a wide pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning. Elements with a hard shell exterior are recommended for systems with multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes, as they are designed to withstand higher pressure drops.