The Reverse Osmosis water filtration technology Membrane by DOW is designed for Brackish Water applications that require a psi of 150. This Membrane uses Reverse Osmosis water filtration technology to take out 99.30% of contaminants found in the feed water, which makes it best suited for industrial water demineralization.
DOW FilmTec BW30HRLE-440i Membrane Features
- BW30HRLE-440i offers good salt-rejection with 33% lower pressures
- Delivers excellent silica, boron, nitrate, IPA and ammonium rejection
- BW30HRLE-440i provides increased active area with the most effective cleaning performance, robustness and durability due to its widest cleaning pH range (1-13) and chemical tolerance and the support of Dow technical representatives
- Includes iLEC™ interlocking end caps, reducing system operating costs and the risk of o-ring leaks that can cause poor water quality
Operating and Cleaning Limits
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psig (41 bar)
- Maximum Element Pressure Drop: 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2 – 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.): 1 – 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI): SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: < 0.1 ppm
DOW has a fundamental concern for all who make, distribute, and use its products, and for the environment in which we live. This concern is the basis for DOW product stewardship philosophy by which assess the safety, health, and environmental information on DOW products and then take appropriate steps to protect employee and public health and environment. The success of our product stewardship program rests with each and every individual involved with DOW products—from the initial concept and research, to manufacture, use, sale, disposal, and recycle of each product.
FilmTec Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis Membranes
FilmTec Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis 8″ Membrane Elements can separate salts from water and are produced with an automated fabrication process that ensures precision, consistency, and reliability. They are ideal for use in large-scale industrial and municipal water treatment systems that produce greater than approximately 10 gpm (2300 L/h) of permeate. Filmtec RO membranes build on a tradition of leadership in the thin-film composite membrane industry and meet today’s challenges for higher rejection using less energy and resisting foulants in challenging waters.