Designed to purify water with high biological or organic fouling potential in systems with well-controlled pretreatment, DOW™ FILMTEC™ BW30FR-400 reverse osmosis elements incorporate Dow’s proprietary fouling resistant membrane technology that offers exceptional fouling resistance and cleanability. This product is an extension of the DOW FILMTEC BW30FR-365 element that has demonstrated its value for numerous customers around the world. The BW30FR-400 element features:
- High active area (400 square feet) for more productivity without increasing the operating flux.
- High rejection DOW FILMTEC RO membrane that has one of the widest pH cleaning ranges in the industry (pH 1-13) that allows for effective cleaning of scale, organic compounds and biofilm.
- Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves, reduces the overall effect of fouling and maximizes membrane efficiency.
- These features offer system operators long-term efficiencies and trouble-free operation for RO membrane purification of fouling waters.
Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psig (41 bar)
Maximum Pressure Drop: 15 psig (1.0 bar)
pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2 – 11
pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.): 1 – 13
Maximum Feed Silt Density Index: SDI 5
Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the DOW™ FILMTEC™ Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration Three-Year Prorated Limited Warranty (Form No. 609-35010) will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid permeate-side backpressure at all times.
FilmTec™ Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis 8″ Elements
FilmTec™ Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis 8″ Elements can separate salts from water and are produced with an automated fabrication process that ensures precision, consistency, and reliability. They are ideal for use in large-scale industrial and municipal water treatment systems that produce greater than approximately 10 gpm (2300 L/h) of permeate. Our RO membranes build on a tradition of leadership in the thin-film composite membrane industry and meet today’s challenges for higher rejection using less energy and resisting foulants in challenging waters.